Quick tips for finding a new job!
1. Reflect on your strengths and weaknesses. This will help you to determine what job you will be good at and it will give you a more clear vision of the job(s) you enjoy.
2. Find companies that you feel would suit your strengths best. Do research on them and learn about the company. It is important to go into an interview with some knowledge of the job and company’s culture.
3. Tailor your resume to each job you apply for. Your resume is one of the most important tools of a job search. Include your achievements and experience on your resume so that a recruiter can look at your resume and know you have the qualifications they are looking for in seconds.
4. Prepare yourself for job interviews. Develop responses for common interview questions and practice them. Ideally using the mock-interview technique with a friend works best. The more prepared you are the more comfortable you will be.
5. Follow up with recruiters or hiring managers. Your work is not done after the interview process. Following up shows your interest and enthusiasm for the job.