About the Role
What we are looking for:
An experienced Cost Accountant that will play a fundamental role in helping this fast growing and expanding company achieve its strategic annual cost targets together with mid-to-long term plans in sight.
This candidate must be experienced and knowledgeable strategic cost accounting and must also be comfortable working cross functionally across the business to communicate and grow internal customer relationships. Additionally, this individual must be able to work collaboratively to support all functions including operational team members and provide guidance, coaching and strategy to help the overall business growth and financial strategy within their specific area of expertise.
About the Role:
• Design and implement data tracking methods to determine actual costs
• Work with staff to understand cost variances and work toward driving total cost down
• Partner with operations to analyze, track and report cost saving initiatives
• Provide management with reports comparing areas affecting pricing and profitability of products
• Analyze variances and discrepancies for various accounts, including revenue and cost of production
• Regularly review cost drivers and update where required to ensure accuracy in cost and inventory valuation.
• Perform margin analysis by commodity/product including analysis and information on cost variances
• Analyze cost of production by commodity
• Support other departments with understanding their results.
• Support the budgeting and forecasting process.
• Miscellaneous analysis, report writing and management reporting.
• Work with operations and ERP provider to automate certain manual entries
• Ensure proper grower deductions for rejections, repacking and specialties
• Ensure grower compliance with committed volumes and provide reports to management
• Assist analysts with proper profit reporting to ensure accuracy and correlation to financial statements
• Actively participate in monthly and year-end inventory counts.
• Implement and monitor inventory control measures for inventory
• Assist with annual audit requirements
• Strong organizational skills
• Analytical tools
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA preferred
• CPA designation preferred
• Minimum of seven (7) years in a mid-level or senior cost accountant role
• Strong knowledge of cost accounting
• Advanced MS Excel skills are required
ACCU-STAFF is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.