About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer!
The Senior Buyer is highly skilled, they are responsible for Supplier Selection and Supplier Performance monitoring by following the established IATF-16949 Purchasing Process Flow, Work Instructions.
· Plan and achieve Supplier Cost/Continuous Improvement targets to support operational objectives
· Coordinate supply activities through the Product Delivery & Engineering Change Control processes
· Analyze and present data to support business decisions and market test/resourcing initiatives
· Develop and manage specific commodity strategies to support Cost, Quality & Delivery objectives
· Negotiate & issue purchase orders with Suppliers for purchased part requirements
· Develop & maintain strong Supplier relationships, including travel to supplier facilities as required
· Coordinate all Supplier activity from initial sourcing through end of Service Order production
· Vendor & Item master maintenance of all Suppliers/Parts within the Buyer’s commodity assignment
· Month-end & ad-hoc reporting as required for internal customers.
· Other duties as required
· 5 years of Senior Buyer experience in an Automotive OEM/Tier 1 Manufacturing environment required
· Post-Secondary Education is required
· Completion and/or enrolment in an SCMP designation (or equivalent) is considered a strong asset
· · Self-motivated & driven individual who is able to work with minimal supervision
· Must have proven capabilities in Cost Analysis, Negotiation, Problem Solving and Decision
ACCU-STAFF has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.