About the Role
The Quality Manager is responsible for all quality activities related to current and new production programs. In this capacity the Quality Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
The Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading the activities of all lab technicians, CMM operators, quality inspectors, quality engineers.
The Quality Manager is responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of the business unit as directed by the Operations Manager. In this position the Quality Manager is responsible for development of a superior workforce, attainment of departmental goals and further development of an employee oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key retention and development and high performance of his direct reports.In line with this the Quality Manager is responsible for the interfacings as required at the senior and functional engineering level with all present and future customer accounts during the PPAP process through launch of a program and onward through production. The Quality Manager will also lead the Windsor Plant ISO 14001 Environmental Program and ensure compliance with all aspects of the program including internal and external audits.
The Quality Manager is responsible for yearly reviews of all his / her direct reports. In this capacity the Quality Manager will also participate as requested in the annual budgeting process for each fiscal year by supplying forecasts as required for new project and associated expenses.
The day to day activities will also include:
· Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities of the department
· Plan and implement systems to perform the work and fulfill the mission.
· Plan and allocate resources for various projects and programs
· Plan, evaluate and improve the efficiency of the departments business process
· Make financially responsible business decisions that are in line with company goals
· Prepare PPAPs and related documentation for new products
· Prepare and submit annual PPAPs as required by the Customer
· Develop inspection standards for each product with accordance with internal and Customer requirements
· Schedule and perform gauge calibrations
· Authorization of all product returns and external sorting
· Preparation and submission of corrective actions to the customer
· Review and disposition of all internal nonconforming
· The review of all major customer issues with the management team and submission of corrective action
· Prepare reports as requested by the Operations Manager as to departmental activities and quotations
· Attend meetings as requested such as APQP, management meetings, etc.
· Take the lead role with IATF recertification process
· Communicate regularly with the Operations Manager and other designated contacts within the company and the corporate group
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above job description serves as a guideline to activities of the Quality Manager but is subject to modification as the scope of the position changes going forward.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
University or College degree in related field
10+ years experience in automotive quality management functions (preferably Plastic Injection industry)
PPAP, PFMEA, APQP, Statistical Control, Process Improvement experience
Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and organizing skills
Be able to prioritize, manage deadlines and make decisions independently
IATF certification would be an asset
Knowledge of Plex database applicable to job function