About the Role
The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
· Manage launch activities such as run at rate, process development and all pre-production.
· Develop cell and plant layouts and implement.
· Optimize manufacturing operations thru analytical studies of the current operating parameters, such as, production methods and processes on a continuous basis.
· Analyze, thru CAD and other systems, utilization, layout, workflow and shop floor inventory control and initiate appropriate activities to improve. I.E 5s etc.
· Participate in a cross-functional internal continuous improvement activities and document aspects of R&D for claiming purposes.
· Commission, sign off and implement equipment for secondary operations.
· Working in compliance with Quality Business Operating Systems and health and safety and environmental legislation.
· Oversee the design, purchase, installation and operation of all plant equipment as required
· Responsible for maintaining the preventative maintenance system