About the Role
Machine builders will participate in the build and assembly of complex automation or robotic equipment for our customers.
• Assemble machines, equipment, and their sub-assemblies, according to customer’s needs, following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications
• Plan assembly procedures, following specifications and using knowledge gained by practical experience
• Drills, taps, or reams holes using a drill press or portable drill
• Install moving parts such as shafts, levers, or bearings
• Respond to calls for service as directed by the Service Coordinator/Supervisor, diagnoses problems and performs maintenance and machine repair.
• Inspect and test the operation of machines/equipment and process systems to diagnose faults and locate causes of malfunctions, using pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical devices and processes.
• Support the installation of machinery as required, including assembly, set-up, and machine operation to verify functioning, machine capability and conformance to customer’s specifications. In addition, assisting with assembly and programming of machines in the shop.
• Ensure service reports are filled out correctly and submitted to the Service Coordinator upon completion of the job.
• Must be willing and able to travel across international borders.
• Conduct themselves at all times in accordance with company policies and procedures. Work in a safe and organized manner, as outlined in the Health and Safety Program, ensure Health & Safety policies and practices are adhered to.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Sound diagnostic or analytical capabilities to solve machine and/or process malfunctions in the field
• Knowledge and experience of shop mathematics, machining, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanics
• Experience working with robots including Fanuc, ABB, or Nachi (jogging, teaching points, and general troubleshooting)
Blueprint reading capability required
• Knowledge of machining equipment such as milling, grinding, fabrication, and certification or training in overhead cranes and forklifts
• Computer literacy is a requirement
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and communicate with our customers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Post-secondary education in either Engineering, or Technical Diploma / Trade certification
• A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ service experience, demonstrating the ability to meet the demands of a fast-paced manufacturing environment or similar work experience is an asset
• Robot experience and electrical certification(s) would also be deemed an asset
• Must currently have a valid passport and driver’s license, or the ability to attain a passport and driver’s license
• This position requires travel to the US, therefore only candidates who can show proof of vaccination will be considered for the role
ACCU-STAFF has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.