About the Role
:The successful candidate will be a strong mechanical designer experienced in designing tooling, gauges and fixtures. The designer reviews and analyzes project requirements, specification, plan, design and installation. Position is responsible for design of tooling, gauges and fixtures to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met and delivered within budget and on time.
Using established procedures, the Fixture designer is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product.
Reporting to: Engineer Manager - Fixtures
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to take a general concept and develop it into a finished product with little supervision
· Work to schedule time lines for efficient releases
· Communicate progress on tasks to direct supervisor
· Create detailed 3D designs and drawings
· Produce working drawings, detail drawings, and bills of materials
· Ensure our designs meet both customer and Select Tool Standards
· Knowledge of GD&T
· Collaborate with Quality on GD&T print tolerances
· Focused on technical detail while making effective contributions
· Participate in team design reviews and analysis
· Improve existing tooling to enhance performance
· Adhere to all ISO procedures pertaining to job responsibilities
· Should have strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
· Works with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Complies and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
· Ensures design for manufacturability.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· SolidWorks experience an asset
· Minimum 4 years experience
· Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills; new designs require interaction with Engineering, Project Management, Assembly Personnel, Vendors and Customers.
· Ability to work in fast paced / team environment
· Follow all Health and Safety procedures
· Minimum High School diploma.
· Technical School Graduate or equivalent experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
ACCU-STAFF is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.