About the Role
Our client, a leader in the Agriculture Industry has a dynamic opportunity for a Director of IT! They have growing locations across Canada, USA, and Mexico!
What's in it for you?
Be a part of a great leadership team
An organization that promotes career growth
Excellent Health and Dental Benefits
Entrepreneurial, fast-growing environment
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of IT is responsible for planning, directing, implementing, upgrading, and supporting enterprise systems aligned with the Company’s overall goals and objectives. The candidate is expected to provide visionary leadership over the infrastructure, including server administration, operation monitoring and support and enterprise architecture.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
· Oversee the maintenance, design, development, and implementation of IT applications in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· Responsible for maintaining control and security of all aspects of IT services and information management requirements with a strong understanding of security risks and mitigation planning
· Responsible for improving IT operational efficiencies and excellence, while maintaining sound cost controls
Identify areas for improvement in IT support processes and implement solutions
· Work effectively with all levels of management and users to position the company for future growth and enhanced services
· Create and implement sound internal controls and best practices for all IT services
· Responsible for companywide IT business continuity, security and disaster recovery planning and execution
· Work closely with the VP of Finance to manage overall IT capital and expense budget
· Coordinate and plan evaluations of infrastructure hardware and software alternatives and make recommendations
· Ensure that the Company has a core team of talented IT professionals that offer best in class solutions and practices at all times
· Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
· Remain informed on trends and issues in the IT and security industries, including current and emerging technologies and prices; advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance and financial impact.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related field.
· 10+ years’ experience managing and directing an IT Operation with infrastructure planning and development.
· 10+ years’ experience leading a team of highly skilled technical professionals.
· Demonstrated experience with MS Office365, MS Active Directory, MS Teams, MS AD, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016, 2019, 2019(R2)), Linux, DNS, DHCP, Basic VOIP, IPSec VPNs, Fortigate firewall, VLANs and Routing
· Knowledge of software platforms; UKG Pro, Storagecraft, Trend Micro WFBS, HES, CAS, Sharepoint, ERP software, Sage 50 and PBXact phone system
· Strong Analytical, critical thinking and time management skills
· Ability to evaluate technologies and solutions and work with business partners to document ROI and benefit to the business. Able to quickly judge technologies that will be of benefit and lead prototyping efforts
· A strong focus on delivering business value, translating potential technical solutions into realistic business cases and successful projects
· Ability to effectively manage change both within IT and across the organization
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task activities within a fast-paced environment
ACCU-STAFF is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.