About the Role
Our client, a leader in the Agriculture Industry has a dynamic opportunity for a Director of Financial Planning & Analyst! They have growing locations across Canada, USA, and Mexico!
What's in it for you?
Be a part of a great leadership team
An organization that promotes career growth
Excellent Health and Dental Benefits
Entrepreneurial, fast-growing environment
Reporting to the CFO, this role will be responsible for the analytical framework and models to drive decisions that will optimize the financial performance of the organization. The role will touch on all aspects of the business and will lead the monthly and annual forecast processes while maintaining and improving the forecasting model and providing ad hoc analysis to support critical decision-making.
· Lead the current forecast/planning process and develop recommendations for continuous improvement
· Work closely with the accounting department to ensure planning assumptions are aligned with accounting and reporting standards
· Identify risks and opportunities and recommend strategies to achieve company financial goals
· Investigation and exploration of new KPIs
· Maintain and continuously improve the forecasting model
· Assist with M&A due diligence and scenario modeling
Manage and execute the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan, rolling 12-month financial forecasting.
· Influence business decisions with high-impact analyses on gross profit and operating expenses to ensure adherence to targets and identification of trends and opportunities for improvement.
· Through data led analysis, provide insight to optimize long-term revenue growth and support related strategic initiatives (both ad hoc analytics and on-going reporting/ infrastructure).
· Business case preparation on investments (capex & acquisitions) and follow up analysis of variances from expectations.
· Manage and participate in recruiting, training, and evaluation activities to maintain a high-quality FP&A team.
· Detail oriented, entrepreneurial, self-driven, and ambitious; ability to work independently and directly with the Executive Leadership Team on special projects.
· Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively across departments with a wide variety of people with different proficiencies.
· Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis with advanced financial modeling and PowerPoint skills.
· Strive for accuracy and business results with ability to work under compressed timelines.
· Ability to influence across functions by leveraging analytics and fact-based analysis.
· Able to extract (from various systems) and manipulate large amounts of data electronically.
· Demonstrate understanding of business operations and how transactions are recorded in the ERP systems.
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance or Accounting or 8+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) experience, management reporting and variance analysis, preferably in a Leadership capacity.
· CPA is preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, modeling, and data analytics capabilities.
ACCU-STAFF is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.