About the Role
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing all raw materials and other production related equipment and supplies at the company. This position directly reports into the Manager of Commodity Purchasing, and is stationed at the Tecumseh Manufacturing Plant.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Receive and interview supplier representatives to keep abreast of market developments, issue request for quotes, quotation analysis, negotiate cost and prices, service, quality or other matters.
• Ordering and quoting of capital items
• Develop and investigate new sources of supply, make effective recommendations as to their approval.
• Work with Corporate Supplier Quality Manager to develop existing suppliers and new suppliers based on commodity strategies.
• Identify cost savings opportunities for commodities, develop and execute to meet or exceed annual targets
• Maintain effective liaison with all departments concerned to present alternatives offered by supplier's modification of design, standardization of parts or materials.
• Expedite and manage constraint plans for supplier delivery problems.
• Review and monitor supplier performance data and follow up with regular reviews internally and with suppliers as prescribed
• Maintain cost records pertaining to purchasing technical analysis on selected commodities.
• Prepare reports on savings realized or proposed and maintain other supporting reports and documents.
• Work with Materials Management to ensure appropriate raw material inventories are maintained.
• Work with Program Management and Materials Management to efficiently coordinate and introduce ECN's and associated new parts/ numbers into production
• Negotiate cost recovery from supplier issues in supplier chargeback claims.
• Approve supplier invoices and resolve supplier invoice discrepancies.
• Maintain HWIN website
• Actively involved in continuous improvement and CRP.
• Perform duties including but not limited to; prepare and issue purchase orders including blanket PO's, obtain 2-3 competitive supplier quotes, obtain appropriate authorization for all purchasing items, assist Engineering/Design to ensure correct Bill of Material (BOM), request additions to approved supplier list, identify and maintain appropriate inventory levels, follow up on orders that have not received proper receiving inspections.
• Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
• During management system audit events provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards, procedures and participate in corrective action activities as necessary.
• Promote an atmosphere of teamwork at all times.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Work in compliance with the Quality and Business Operating Systems and all health and safety and environmental legislation.
• Completion of any other duties as assigned
• Abide by Company Value Statement and the Company Standard Code of Conduct.