About the Role
The successful candidate will be a strong mechanical designer, experienced in designing various automated equipment solutions. The candidate will be responsible for designing mechanical components and systems for custom automation equipment, ensuring stipulated specifications and requirements are met and delivered within budget and time utilizing established procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager - Automation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process
· Generates design drawings. Designs components, mechanisms and systems for automation
· Acts as liaison with internal/external assemblers/manufacturers of equipment to ensure all parts are manufactured to design
· Evaluates potential solutions to engineering problems for feasibility, manufacturability and cost
· Should function at expert level to perform and analyze the mechanical design from start to finish.
· Should have strong mechanical / machine building aptitude.
· Should be experienced with assembly instructions, & customer and vendor interaction.
· Should have an extensive understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
· Should have knowledge and experience with servo, stepper motors and drives.
· Should have experience with robotic systems and deployment of robotics in sophisticated applications.
· Should be proficient in designing mechanical systems for complex automation equipment.
· Should have experience with vision systems and integrating vision application in robotic systems.
· Should have understanding of common mechanical engineering practices and standards.
· Should be expert in SolidWorks and creating schematics; print detailing and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
· Should have strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
· Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills; new designs require interaction with Engineering, Project Management, Assembly Personnel, Vendors and Customers.
· Generates design drawings. Design components, mechanisms and systems for automation.
· Assists Jr. Automation Designers on their assigned projects.
· Independently solves complex engineering problems related to automation and machinery design.
· Evaluates potential solutions to engineering problems for feasibility, manufacturability, and cost.
· Provides written and verbal work direction to individuals and groups of engineers.
· Ensures design for manufacturability.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work in fast paced / team environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Follow all Health and Safety procedures
· Minimum High School diploma.
· Technical School Graduate or equivalent experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sr. Design Engineer.
ACCU-STAFF has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.